Marketing & Communication Management FT
Bachelor's degree program
The full-time Bachelor’s program in “Marketing & Communication Management” builds on business administration principles to offer a solid academic grounding in the fields of marketing, media and communication. The combination of theoretical and practical teaching content enables students to think and act in an analytical, innovative and creative way.
- A firm grounding in marketing & communication skills
- Psychology of advertising & branding
- Social skills & project management
- Graphics, layout & multimedia skills
- Case studies & real practice-based projects
- Semester abroad and professional traineeship
- Product manager, marketing manager
- Communication manager
- Account manager in an advertising, promotion or event agency
- Marketing assistant, media planner
- Head of corporate communication
- Marketing and communication consultant
- Entrepreneur in the media industry
Emphasis of studies
- 32% Transfer to practice & social competence
- 24% Core competence of marketing
- 22% Core competence of communication
- 12 % Business & social sciences
- 10 % Creativity & multimedia
Marketing & communications expertise
Economic progress and changed media-usage habits call for a rethink of communications addressed to customers. Past attempts by companies to respond to this change in structure have met with only moderate success, for the most part: thanks to the quantitative escalation of marketing activities – due to the use of new media channels, for instance – customers often felt overwhelmed. Sensory overload and reactance were the consequence. More and more companies are trying to counter these challenges to attention-economy by raising the quality of their communication measures. Kufstein University of Applied Sciences addresses these new departures in marketing with the Bachelor’s degree program in “Marketing & Communication Management”: the combination of forward-looking theoretical knowledge with up-to-date practical experience.
Relevance to practice & professional competences
Classes covering the subject-content adopt a practical approach to the subject from the outset. Under the guidance of a coach, students work independently on practice-based projects to fulfill commissions specified by partners from the marketing, media & communication industry. Particularly great value is placed on the training of social skills: here the foremost priorities are presentation, communication, negotiation and selling techniques as well as team and conflict management skills.
Classes taught in English extend the students’ vocabulary and thereby underpin their linguistic competence. A semester abroad at one of 200 partner universities fosters intercultural competence.