Integrated Financial Planning & Business Plan Creation
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
• Can create integrated planning using software for a company.
• Can create a financial and liquidity plan for a company using software.
• Can calculate selected key figures for a company using software.
• Can prepare investment plans using software and commercially accepted methods (e.g. net present value method, internal rate of return method).
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Introduction to Accounting
• Introduction to BWL
• Annual Statement & Analysis
• Cost Accounting & Calculation
Part A: Fundamentals of spreadsheets
• Workbooks and spreadsheets
• Cells and cell areas
• Variables and data types
• Basic commands (sums, statistical functions, if-then-function, S- and W-reference etc.)
• Basic applications (creation of tables and diagrams, import and export of data, pivot tables, etc.)
Part B: Preparation of an integrated financial plan
• Preparation of sales planning, cost planning and personnel planning
• Preparation of an investment plan
• Determination of financing requirements
• Preparation of a profit and loss account and a balance sheet
• Preparation of a cash flow statement
• Consolidation into an integrated financial planning system
• Creation of a Management Information System (MIS)
• Performance of sensitivity analyses
recommended or required reading
Fairhurst, D. S. (2012). Using Excel for business analysis: A guide to financial modelling fundamentals. New York, NY: Wiley.
Morris, J. R., & Daley, J. P. (2017). Introduction to financial models for management and planning. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
Nagl, A. (2018). Der Businessplan: Geschäftsmodelle professionell erstellt – Mit Checklisten und Fallbeispielen. Wiesbaden: Springer Verlag.
Schneider, W., & Schneider, D. (2019). Einführung in die Systeme des Rechnungswesens: Finanzplanung, Doppelte Buchhaltung, Kostenrechnung – Aufbau und Fehlerquellen. Wien: Facultas Verlag.
Stahl, H.-W. (2018). Finanz- und Liquiditätsplanung. Freiburg: Haufe-Lexware.
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
• The course is conducted with presence phases (deductive method, in which assistance is given in the learning process and knowledge is imparted via frontal lectures).
• Students practice case studies using spreadsheet software.
• Development of comprehensive integrated financial planning for the financial part of a business plan in a spreadsheet program.
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Director of Studies
year of study
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery