Digital Transformation I (E)
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• know the basics and basic concepts of digitization (with corresponding cross-reference to economics).
• gain an overview of the most important topics and theories of digitization.
• recognise the interrelationships and have a basic understanding of how digitization affects the economy.
• develop an active interest in digitization and can place it in a broader context (i.e. not just technology or IT).
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Introduction and history of the development of digitization
• Basic concepts and basic theories of digitization
• Overview of the factors influencing Markets & Companies through digitization
• Overview of the connections between digitization and classical business-related management functions (marketing, sales, HR, R and D, etc.)
recommended or required reading
• Hoffmeister, Christian: Digital Business Modelling. Hanser (latest edition)
• Urbach, Nils; Röglinger, Maximilian (publisher): Digitalization Cases: How Organizations Rethink Their Business for the Digital Age. Springer (latest edition)
• 1-2 current articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
Online tasks, exam
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery