BUSINESS STUDIES I: Introduction
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• hold a basic knowledge of general business-related administration (ABWL).
• have an overview of the most important business-relatedmanagement topics and the corresponding terms.
• have a basic understanding of operational procedures and know important interre-lationships of business-related management topics.
• develop an active interest in business studies.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Fundamentals and classification of ABWL
• Fundamentals of corporate management: Location decisions, inter-company con-nections, corporate constitution, organization, personnel management
• Basics of monitoring and cross-connections to Accounting & Finance
• Selected topics on service provision: Innovation management, carefully-selected marketing content
recommended or required reading
• Vahs, Dietmar; Schäfer-Kunz, Jan: Einführung in die Betriebswirtschaftslehre. Schäffer-Poeschel (in the current edition)
• 1-2 articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery