Marketing & Customer Experience (E)
level of course unit
: 1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• know how important marketing is as a customer-oriented way of thinking and cor-porate philosophy.
• know and understand the basic concepts of marketing.
• can name and interpret the elements of the marketing mix for products (4P) or services (7P).
• have gained an initial insight into the importance of the brand for marketing.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Importance and basics of marketing
• Marketing mix factors and their orientation towards the customer
• Product vs. service marketing
• Importance of brands in marketing
recommended or required reading
• Cavallone, Mauro: Marketing and Customer Loyalty. Springer (latest edition)
• Heding, Tilda et al.: Brand Management: Research, Theory and Practice. Routledge (latest edition)
• Kotler, Philip et al.: Marketing Management. Pearson (latest edition)
• 1-2 current articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
Online tasks, exam
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery