BUSINESS STUDIES I: Introduction
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• hold a basic knowledge of general business-related administration (ABWL).
• have an overview of the most important business-related management topics and the corresponding terms.
• have a basic understanding of operational procedures and know important interrelationships of business-related management topics.
• develop an active interest in business studies.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Fundamentals and classification of ABWL
• Fundamentals of corporate management: Location decisions, inter-company con-nections, corporate constitution, organization, personnel management
• Basics of monitoring and cross-connections to Accounting & Finance
• Selected topics on service provision: Innovation management, carefully-selected marketing content
recommended or required reading
• Vahs, Dietmar; Schäfer-Kunz, Jan: Einführung in die Betriebswirtschaftslehre. Schäffer-Poeschel-Verlag (in the current edition)
• 1-2 articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery