Transformational Management: Change & Organizational Development
level of course unit
2. Study cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
• know the basic theories of change management and organizational development.
• are proficient in methods for diagnosis and design of solutions.
• are able to apply the topics to current cases in business practice.
• can establish a connection to other economic and social science topics.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Basics of change management in connection with other economic and social science approaches, communication and conflict management
• Basics of organizational development in connection with questions of strategy, structure and leadership
• Application of the topics to case studies
• Elaboration of solutions and independent development of methods
recommended or required reading
• Harvard Business Review Press, HBR`s 10 Must Reads on Change Management, Boston: HBR Press (in the current edition)
• Kotter, John P: Leading change. HBR Press (in the current edition)
• Yeung, Arthur; Ulrich, Dave: Reinventing the Organization. HBR Press (in the current edition)
• 1-2 current articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
Online tasks, exam
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery