International Accounting I
level of course unit
2. Study cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
The students are able to:
• build up basic knowledge of international accounting in accordance with IFRS and to apply it to issues concerning the fixed assets of a company.
• prepare and understand simple annual financial statements step by step
• compare companies from the point of view of profitability.
• fundamentally analyze practical cases.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• The focus of this course is to impart knowledge of the rules of international accounting according to IFRS and their direct application to the fixed assets of a company.
• Furthermore, simple annual financial statements are analyzed and prepared.
• The course also focuses on learning how to set up an effective internal monitoring system within the company and how to efficiently manage cash, receivables and inventories.
recommended or required reading
• Harrison, Walter T.; Horngren, Charles T.; Thomas, C. William & Tietz, Wendy M.: Financial Accounting. Pearson (latest international edition)
• Accessing the IFRS Standards via http://www.ifrs.org/IFRSs/Pages /IFRS.aspx and technical summaries through http://www.ifrs.org/IFRSs/Pages/Technical-summaries.aspx
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery