Digital Marketing (E)
level of course unit
first cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
- understand the challenges of integrated marketing communication for companies
- design and implement digital marketing strategies
Students will evaluate marketing budgets, giving consideration to:
- target groups
- respond to digital challenges
- identify cause-effect relationships
- assess and question your own actions
prerequisites and co-requisites
The course presents:
- An overview of the digital marketing tools currently in use
- The framework conditions when using digital marketing
- The special challenges regarding interaction and fast pace in digital marketing
Based on case studies, current best practice digital marketing campaigns are discussed and own marketing concepts are designed.
recommended or required reading
Chaffey, D. & Ellis-Chadwick, F. (2019): Digital Marketing. 7th edition. UK: Pearson Education Limited.
Kingsnorth, S. (2019): Digital Marketing Strategy: An integrated approach to online marketing. 2nd edition. Kogan Page.
Kotler, P.; Armstrong, G.; Harris, L. C. & Piercy, N. (2016): Principles of Marketing. 7th European Edition. UK: Pearson Education Limited.
Krug, St. (2013): Don’t Make Me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usability. 3rd edition. New Riders.
Tavsan, N. & Erdem, C. (2018): Customer Experience Management: How to Design, Integrate, Measure and Lead. Tasora Books.
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Mag. (FH) Philipp Gamper
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery