Marketing & Communication Management PT
Bachelor's degree program
Profile of the Program
This degree program is taught primarily in German.
The bachelor degree program Marketing & Communication Management offers students a solid foundation in business administration and, built on this, expert knowledge in both marketing and communication management. Organized in a part-time format for the convenience of working professionals, the program courses are scheduled on Friday afternoons and Saturdays as well as in several block sessions. The interconnectedness of theoretical and practical elements within the curriculum encourages students to think and perform analytically, innovatively and creatively.
- Acquisition of scientifically-grounded knowledge in marketing and communication
- Examination of international media markets
- Study of press and public relations
- Specialized training in language and style
- Work in case studies and projects
- Development of essential performance competencies
- Courses scheduled conveniently for working professionals
- Product manager, marketing manager
- Communication manager
- Account manager in an advertising, promotion or event agency
- Marketing assistant, media planner
- Head of corporate communication
- Marketing and communication consultant
- Entrepreneur in the media industry
Emphasis of studies
- 31 % Transfer to practice & social competence
- 24 % Core competence of marketing
- 21 % Core competence of communication
- 12 % Business & social sciences
- 12 % Creativity & multimedia
Comprehensive knowledge in marketing and communication
Besides acquiring the basics in business administration, students learn about communication and media theory, develop expertise in marketing and communication management, as well as work on special management skills. In the core area of marketing, students are exposed to the classical and cutting-edge communication channels, and are then asked to put this knowledge into practice. Graphic arts, design and multimedia applications are significant elements that flow into the teaching and learning throughout the program. In the core area of communication, the curriculum offers, among other subjects, Media Theory, Rhetoric, Language & Style, PR Work, and International Media Markets.
Practical relevance and performance competencies
The practical orientation of the program is given mainly by integrative case studies and projects carried out in cooperation with partners from the sciences and the marketing, media and communication business. As an important part of their studies, students have numerous possibilities to formally develop their social skills, especially in the context of courses that focus on techniques in presentation, communication, negotiation, sales, teamwork and conflict management.
What’s more, numerous courses are held in English and there is a study trip to a foreign country (International Week), which taken together foster the students' intercultural competencies.
Qualification rewardedBachelor of Arts in Business (BA)
Language of instruction80 % German, 20 % English
Semester abroadOrganized one-week study trip, 5th Semester**
FeesEuro 363.36* (excl. Student Union-fees) each semester
Places per year27
* Information for third country students
** Travel expenses for the semester abroad are to be covered by the students themselves or are supported by a grant.
Level of qualification:
first cycle, bachelor