The topic of inclusion focuses, on the one hand, on nondiscriminatory access to education for all students and applicants regardless of physical disabilities or chronic/mental illness. On the other hand, inclusion also deals with impaired teachers and other members of staff.
Students and applicants with disabilities or chronic/mental illness must be provided with studying conditions at the Kufstein University of Applied Sciences that are optimal for them. For that, it has to be kept in mind that disabilities are as different as people’s personalities. This is why the Kufstein University of Applied Sciences strives for practical, innovative and individual solutions for people with particular needs.
To learn continuously and to promote the exchange of experiences with other universities, the Kufstein University of Applied Sciences is a member of existing networks such as uniability and the Association of Austrian Universities of Applied Sciences’ working group on diversity management.
Statement of the University Board
“The Kufstein University of Applied Sciences supports but also challenges its students–what is important is providing personal and individual support. Our values are based on openness and diversity–this requires mutual respect and the equal treatment of all people. We value a culture of appreciation and see ourselves as an organization that wants to learn and that constantly develops further. We pay particular attention to supporting impaired applicants, students, teachers and other members of staff, to allow them to play their part in our university.”
Adapted processes for applicants/students with disabilities
- Alternative admission process for applicants with a medical report from a specialist (Statute and General Examination Regulations)
- Alternative exam methods throughout the degree with a medical report from a specialist
- Private access chip for elevator use (building B)
- Permission for guide dogs (exemption from the house rules)
- In case of a disability of at least 50% (proof of disability passport), the FH Kufstein Tirol grants a 50% waiver of the tuition fee for the duration of the studies.
Kufstein University of Applied Sciences facilities for people with disabilities
- 6 out of 7 entrances are accessible for people with walking difficulties
- 4 out of 4 elevators are accessible in all parts of the building
- Accessible toilets
- Tactile guidance system including lecture hall lettering of the university
- Tactile building plan opposite the central infopoint (entrance city park)
- Portable induction loop system with microphone and headphones (available at the Kufstein University of Applied Sciences Infopoint)
- Disabled parking in the underground car park
Collection of links for students with disabilities
Information centers(only available in German):
- Disability organization, Tyrol (only available in German)
- Advocacy for people with disabilities (only available in German)
- Tyrolean Umbrella Association of Associations of the Deaf (only available in German)
- Austrian Association of the blind and visually impaired
- Tyrolean Association of the blind and visually impaired (only available in German)
Ombudsman (only available in German):
Information leaflet (only available in German):
Studying with a disability–a publication by the Federal Ministry for Science, Research & Economy: