Introduction to Applied Economics
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
• Can deal with fundamental management problems from an economic
point of view.
• Are able to analyze decisions under uncertainty.
• Can develop strategic decisions based on
• Can assess the impact of digital technologies and products on a company’s
cost structure and formation of market forms.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Microeconomics and the behavior of managers and companies
• Price and product policy of the company
• Elementary principles of game theory
• Company organization
• Market Forms & Market Entry
• Decisions under uncertainty
• Behavioral economics
• Economy of digitization
recommended or required reading
Münter, M.T. (2018), Mikroökonomie: Wettbewerb und strategisches Verhalten. München: UVK Verlag.
Natrop, J. (2012). Grundzüge der angewandten Mikroökonomie. München: Walter de Gruyter.
Pindyck, R. S., & Rubinfeld, D. L. (2018). Mikroökonomie. Hallbergmoos: Pearson.
Varian, H. R. (2014). Grundzüge der Mikroökonomik. München: Walter de Gruyter
assessment methods and criteria
• Final exam and
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
25 % of the event is covered by eLearning. A combination between online phases (inductive method for the independent acquisition of knowledge and the practice of tasks) and presence phases (deductive method, in which assistance is given in the learning process and knowledge is imparted via frontal lectures) is used.
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Mag. Delia Gramm
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery