Industrial Engineering & Management FT
Bachelor's degree program
Profile of the Program
This degree program is taught primarily in German.
The foundation of the Industrial Engineering and Management degree program is the sound engineering and economics training. Previous engineering knowledge is not a prerequisite for the program. The program examines the development process of technical products, including market opportunity identification, idea generation, product development, and production, from various business perspectives. From the second year on, students specialize in either product development or production.
- offers a solid technical education coupled with economic know-how
- experienced lecturers and practitioners support students in developing systemic and economic thinking
- students without previous technical training are offered a sound education in machine construction, electrotechnology, construction technology, etc.
- Product management and development
- Production planning, controlling & logistics
- Information management & IT support
- Product marketing
- Environmental and energy technology
- Materials management & purchasing
- Technical building services
- Business consulting
- 44% engineering sciences
- 16% international competencies
- 13% compulsory electives
- 11% economics & management
- 10% social competencies
- 6% knowledge application
PRACTICALLY RELEVANT AND INTERNATIONAL
In the program, the students gain deep practical insight through two practical projects, a one-semester internship, excursions, guest lectures, and lecturers from the field. Using the Industrial Engineering and Management labs – the LEAN labs and the FabLabs of the workshop Wattens – the students can gain practical experience in a secure environment. The semester abroad at the beginning of the third year is a core element of the degree program and enriches the education with an international orientation. The basis of this international orientation comprises courses taught in English as well as the learning and deepening of a foreign language at the university's Competence Center for Languages.
Click here for the practical projects of the Industrial Engineering and Management program.
JOB AND CAREER
With this internationally accredited Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree, the graduates of this program find themselves perfectly equipped for further training in a matching Master's program or a successful entry into the world of work. Due to the acquired interdisciplinary qualification, industrial engineers can work in many different branches and fields according to their personal interests and abilities.