Trends in Production
level of course unit
First cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
The students are able to:
• Understand the history of the product processes and the current status (PLM, PPS, CIM, etc.).
• Recognize the current challenges of the market and be able to implement production requirements.
• Analyze current trends with regard to their impact on production (automation, networking).
• Identify and derive new, global methods of production and identify the effects on innovative production.
• Identify current trends in production.
• Describe the impact of these trends on production.
• Define actions regarding these trends.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Current, influential trends in production will be presented and discussed during this course. This ensures that the students have their finger on the pulse of the times with their respective specialization.
• Best practices in production
• Production process and impact of global requirements
• Changes in the production process through new integrated global networks, technical developments (e.g. automated Lean, Kanban, ...)
• KPIs in modern production
• Methods and modern tools in production
recommended or required reading
To determine depending on the established trend
assessment methods and criteria
final written Exam
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Director of Studies
year of study
Second year of studies
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery