Market Research & Customer Insights (E)
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• know how important marketing is as a customer-oriented way of thinking and corporate philosophy.
• know and understand the basic concepts of marketing.
• are able to apply this knowledge to real issues.
• can name and interpret the elements of the marketing mix for products (4P) or services (7P).
• know about the relevance of the brand for the success of the company.
• can integrate brand-relevant aspects into the marketing mix of a company.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Significance of market research and integration into the marketing process
• Customer and markets as objects of market research
• Planning and implementation of market research projects
• Creation and programming of questionnaires
• Basic qualitative and quantitative analysis methods
• Application of statistical software (SPSS, R, Stata) for data analysis
• Interpretation of results and derivation of recommendations for action
- Options and sources of secondary market research (e.g. Big Data)
recommended or required reading
• Mooi, Erik et al.: Market Research. Springer (latest edition)
• Runkler, Thomas: Data Analytics. Springer (latest edition)
• 1-2 current articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
Online tasks, term paper, exam
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery