Omnichannel Customer Management
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• understand the importance of omnichannel marketing in order to win over customers with their constantly-changing requirements for the company in the long term.
• know the positive effects that using the right marketing channels has on brand and company success.
• can link digital and physical communication and distribution channels.
• know how to apply the concept of customer journeys and integrate them into omnichannel strategies.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Theoretical and practical fundamentals of the omnichannel ecosystem
• Interaction between omnichannel and corporate strategy
• Customer behavior, customer analysis and customer journey
• Omnichannel strategies in connection with a company's marketing mix
recommended or required reading
• Böckenholt, Ingo; Mehn, Audrey; Westermann, Arne: Konzepte und Strategien für Omnichannel-Exzellenz – Innovatives Retail-Marketing mit mehrdimensionalen Vertriebs- und Kommunikationskanälen. Springer (in the current edition)
• von Gizycki, Vittoria (eds.): Omnichannel Branding – Digitalisierung als Basis erlebnis- und beziehungsorientierter Markenführung. Springer (in the current edition)
• Ramadan, Shady: OmniChannel Marketing – the Roadmap to Create and Implement Omnichannel Strategy For Your Business. Independent (in the current edition)
• 1-2 current articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
Online tasks, exam
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery