Scientific Topics in International Business Studies
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• recognize patterns of coupling and decoupling of practical problems and research programs and flows.
• know about the political and economic dimension of research initiatives, funding and programs.
• can trace trends of topics and initiatives as well as the development of paradigms and a canon (state of the art).
• are able to locate their own research interests and problems in the area of conflict between theory and practice.
prerequisites and co-requisites
Course of the first four semesters
• Current trends in practice and research in International Business Studies
• Development and careers of topics and methods
• Research in databases
recommended or required reading
• Krugman, Paul R. et al.: Internationale Wirtschaft. Pearson (in the current edition)
• Articles from professional journals, magazines and manuals
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery