Team- & Conflict Management
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
The students know and understand the different aspects of group work and are able to identify conflict potentials and situations. They are able to apply different tech-niques of group leadership and have trained convincing conflict management skills.
prerequisites and co-requisites
The students acquire a background knowledge for the assessment of social situa-tions, which should help them in their daily work to gain a greater communicative room for maneuver. The thematic framework includes:
• Fundamentals of interpersonal communication
• Special features of teamwork
• Conflicts as social situations
• Ability to deal with conflict
• Employee leadership in conflicts
recommended or required reading
• Schulz von Thun, F. (2004). Miteinander reden (Band 1 – 3), rororo
• Scheelen F. M. (2014). Menschenkenntnis auf einen Blick. Sich selbst und andere besser verstehen. mvg Verlag.
• Bender S. (2015). Teamentwicklung: Der effektive Weg zum "Wir". C.H.Beck.
• Glasl F. (2017). Konfliktmanagement: Ein Handbuch für Führungskräfte, Beraterinnen und Berater. Freies Geistesleben.
assessment methods and criteria
Presentation and/or final report
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Integrated course, group work, case studies, discussions, e-learning
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
English version will be available soon
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit