Personality Development in the Professional Environment
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
- know the fundamentals of personality development in a professional context.
- know the concept of a proper work-life balance.
- actively apply the concepts learned in the context of their work placement.
prerequisites and co-requisites
Courses of the previous semester successfully completed.
Within the framework of the integrated internship, the students examine the challenges of everyday work and reflect on their current tasks in the internship company in the context of their personal development.
In the process
- They know the essential characteristics of a conscious personality development in their professional environment
- They become aware of the importance of an appropriate balance between work tasks and personal needs (work-life balance)
- They are able to reflect on their activities during their internship in the context of their personal experiences, and
- they receive individual and specific feedback from the lecturer within the framework of supervision.
recommended or required reading
- Brandes-Visbeck, C.; Thielecke, S.: "Fit für New Work: Wie man in der neuen Arbeitswelt erfolgreich besteht - Businessmodelle, Work-Life-Balance, Co-Working & Co", Redline Verlag, 2018
- Hübler, M.: "New Work: Menschlich - Demokratisch - Agil: Wie Sie Teams und Organisationen erfolgreich in eine digitale Zukunft führen", Verlag Metropolitan, 2018
- Späth, T.; Grabitzki, S.: "Leben und Arbeit in Balance: Strategien und Übungen für Trainer, Coaches und Berater" Beltz Verlag, 2012
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
Individual coaching and work in small groups
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Karsten Böhm
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery
related to the Integrated Internship