Digital Transformation II: Management & application
level of course unit
2. Study cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
• know the implications of digitization on leadership, organization and culture.
• are able to develop methods for the conception and implementation of digital tasks.
• can solve specific digitization cases from business practice.
• have a holistic understanding of digitization (which goes beyond the narrowing of the subject to technology and IT).
prerequisites and co-requisites
Successful completion of the course: Digital Transformation I
• Effects of digitization on the management, organization and culture of companies based on the St. Gallen Management Model
• Presentation of proven digitization methods
• Independent development of digitization tools by students
• Solution of specific case studies of digitization
recommended or required reading
• Kotter, John P.: Accelerate. Vahlen (in the current edition)
• Schallmo, Daniel R.; Williams, Christopher A.: Digital Transformation Now. Springer (in the current edition)
• Urbach, Nils; Röglinger, Maximilian: Digitalization Cases. Springer (in the current edition)
• 1-2 current articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery