Business Simulation Game
level of course unit
2. Study cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
• can make decisions based on specific information.
• can analyze the effects of their decisions.
• apply theoretical knowledge for decision making.
• can work in a team and accept team decisions.
• reflect their own decisions based on the simulation results.
• can formulate strategies for successful business development.
prerequisites and co-requisites
Course of the first academic year
• Management of teams and reflection competence
• Operational functions (production, marketing, logistics, supply chain management)
• Market analyzes and market developments
• Use of analysis tools (SWOT, benchmark, market shares, cost and contribution margin analyses, etc.)
• Development of strategies
• Monitoring and key figures
recommended or required reading
Hall, William: Shift: Using Business Simulations and Serious Games: a Straightforward Guide for Corporate Training and Development. Createspace Independent Pub (latest edition)
assessment methods and criteria
online tasks, term paper
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery