Advanced Corporate Finance
level of course unit
2. Study cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
The students are able to:
• expand financial knowledge related to potential determinants of the capital structure and value of a company.
• apply financial education, in particular in the field of business valuation.
• compare companies from the point of view of profitability.
• analyze practical cases.
prerequisites and co-requisites
Course: Corporate Finance
• Students expand their financial knowledge of the importance and potential determinants of the capital structure of a company, based on the Modigliani-Miller theorems.
• They also expand their financial knowledge in the field of company valuation (multiples, discounted cash flow: WACC, APV, CCF) and apply it in the context of start-ups, share issues and mergers and acquisitions.
recommended or required reading
• Berk, Jonathan; DeMarzo, Peter: Corporate Finance. Pearson (latest edition)
• Brealey, Richard A.; Myers, Stewart C.; Allen, Franklin: Principles of Corporate Finance. McGraw-Hill (latest international edition)
• Hull, John C.: Options, Futures and Other Derivatives. Pearson (latest edition)
• Harvard Business Cases (e.g. Massey Ferguson (HBS 9-282-043), Tottenham Hotspur (HBS 9-209-059), Winfield Refuse Management (HBS 5-913-531))
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery