Applied Marketing Mix
level of course unit
2. Study cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
• know how the elements of the Marketing Mix for Products (4P) can be applied in practical situations.
• know how the elements of the Marketing Mix for Services (7P) can be applied in practical situations.
• know research paths for the selection, planning and budgeting of individual marketing mix tools.
• are able to create a marketing plan based on the marketing mix factor considerations, taking into account both strategic and operational aspects (e.g. budget, timing).
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Application of the marketing mix for products (4P) to real issues
• Application of the marketing mix for services (7P) to real issues
• Research and selection of specific tools of the individual marketing mix factors
• Creation of marketing plans including budget calculation and timing
recommended or required reading
• Kotler, Philipp et al.: Marketing Management. Pearson (latest edition)
• Hollensen, Svend: Marketing Planning. Pearson (latest edition)
• 1-2 current journal articles (e.g. American Marketing Journal, Marketing Review St. Gallen)
assessment methods and criteria
Online tasks, term paper, presentation
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery