Public Relation in SCEM
level of course unit
first cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
- Students are familiar with the innovative handling of media and its function within the project process.
- Students will master the strategies of action in speaking, writing, and visual acting. They will know the different media formats and can assign them accordingly.
- Students will develop a confident, trustworthy, and convincing demeanor through the use of presentations.
- Students will have a clear, concise use of language and subject-specific terminology. They will learn to discuss and critically engage with different media content.
prerequisites and co-requisites
- Presentation of basic texts on dealing with media
- Iconography and oral traditions
- Historical understanding of writing
- Writing of press releases, announcement texts (flyers, posters, brochures etc.)
- Free speaking (radio, television, company videos etc.), lecture speaking, welcome speech, presentation
- Innovative distribution of ideas as acquisition of competence in scientific education
recommended or required reading
Gunning, E. (2019): Public Relations: a practical approach, Red Globe Press
Deg, R. (2017): Basiswissen Public Relations, Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden GmbH
Elleström, L. (2010): Media borders, multimodality and intermediality. Palgrave Macmillan.
Flechtker, B. (2006) Intercultural media training in Europe: Handbuch für TrainerInnen, MitarbeiterInnen und RedakteurInnen. Kopaed-Verl., München.
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Raimund Fabi; Jürgen Preusser
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery