Fundamentals in PCB Design (How to design your own Microcontroller Board)
level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
The students are able to:
• know and name different types of circuit boards.
• use ECAD software (e.g. Altium Designer) to perform a simple electronics project from schematic design to the finished PCB.
• understand PCB manufacturing processes and correctly link design rules.
• understand the basic circuitry of simple microprocessors.
• perform simple programming on a microcontroller.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• different types of the PCBs and their materials
• different types of vias and their characteristics
• track thicknesses and their state of the art
• design rules
• ECAD (Altium Designer)
• basic structure
• minimum wiring and basic circuitry
• layout of microcontrollers
• breadboard circuits
• Programming a simple program using Arduino IDE
recommended or required reading
assessment methods and criteria
Project for each student (depending of class-size), Project report
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery