Sports, Culture & Event Management* PT
Master's degree program
Profile of the program
This degree program is taught primarily in German.
This master’s degree program provides a sound interdisciplinary management education with an international orientation. The main emphasis lies on the development of strategic and leadership skills. Central to this program are analysis and conception as well as research and its application. With the inclusion of current scientific discussions, the unity of research and subject matter is guaranteed. This leads to a unique interdisciplinary approach to mastering the elements and structural provisions involved in the management of sports, culture, and event businesses.
- 35% of classes taught in English
- Focus on the teaching of management competence
- Strategic management training program with an emphasis on sports, culture and event management
- Sports management: sports marketing agencies, sports communication agencies, organisational committees for large sports events, sports goods industry and trade.
- Culture management: cultural organizations such as museums, opera houses, theaters, concert halls; festivals; film and music industries; creative industries.
- Event management: events agencies, conference and exhibition centers, trade fair and exhibition agencies, and marketing departments of businesses.
The key focus of the master program represents three core concepts - strategic management, research and management in the fields of sports, culture, and event management, and the future-orientated focus of optional academic study modules. Students are able to choose two courses out of the optional modules in sports, culture, event or management to deepen their knowledge. Courses on the topics of digitalization, sustainability or international politics emphasize the international character of the study program.
Comprehensive Social Leadership Preparation
Social skills training is another component of the program. Particular emphasis is placed on leadership training, especially in an intercultural context. The study trip encourages the subject skills as well as the social and intercultural competence of our graduates. Because of the tight connection between theory and practical subject application, the program complies with the special qualification requirements of various career fields in international sports, culture, and event management.