Marketing & Customer Experience (E)
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• know how important marketing is as a customer-oriented way of thinking and cor-porate philosophy.
• know and understand the basic concepts of marketing.
• are able to apply this knowledge to real issues.
• can name and interpret the elements of the marketing mix for products (4P) or services (7P).
• know about the relevance of the brand for the success of the company.
• can integrate brand-relevant aspects into the marketing mix of a company.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Significance and basics of marketing
• Basic principles of market research
• Customer benefit, customer satisfaction, customer loyalty
• Marketing mix factors
• Product vs. service marketing
• Importance of brands in marketing
recommended or required reading
• Cavallone, Mauro: Marketing and Customer Loyalty. Springer (latest edition)
• Heding, Tilda et al.: Brand Management: Research, Theory and Practice. Routledge (latest edition)
• Kotler, Philip et al.: Marketing Management. Pearson (latest edition)
• 1-2 current articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
Online tasks, exam
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery