Sports, Culture & Event Management PT
Master's degree program
Profile of the program
This degree program is taught primarily in German.
This master's program, over 40% of which is taught in English, offers a sound, interdisciplinary management education both in the field of sports and culture management as well as in event management with an international orientation. The main emphasis lies on the development of leadership skills. Central to this program are analysis and conception as well as research and its application.
With the inclusion of current scientific discussions, the unity of research and subject matter is guaranteed. This leads to a unique interdisciplinary approach to mastering the elements and structural provisions involved in the management of sports, culture, and event businesses.
- Strategic management expertise with a focus on sports, culture, and event management
- Focus on leadership skills
- 42 % of the courses are taught in English
- Sports management: sports marketing agencies, sports communication agencies, organisational committees for large sports events, sports goods industry and trade.
- Culture management: cultural organizations such as museums, opera houses, theaters, concert halls; festivals; film and music industries; creative industries.
- Event management: events agencies, conference and exhibition centers, trade fair and exhibition agencies, and marketing departments of businesses.
Major fields of study
- 13 % Basics Sports, Culture & Event Management
- 17 % Specific expertise in sports, culture & event management
- 17 % in-depth electives & scope for specialization
- 17 % Leadership & Social Skills (incl. study trip)
- 36 % Practical transfer & Master thesis
Comprehensive specialist and management expertise
The key focus of the master program represents three core concepts - strategic management, research and management in the fields of sports, culture, and event management, and the future-orientated focus of optional academic study modules. Students are able to choose two courses out of the optional modules in sports, culture, event or management to deepen their knowledge. Courses on the topics of digitalization, sustainability or international politics emphasize the international character of the study program.
Decisive action competences
Social skills training is another component of the program. Particular emphasis is placed on leadership training, especially in an intercultural context. The study trip encourages the subject skills as well as the social and intercultural competence of our graduates. Because of the tight connection between theory and practical subject application, the program complies with the special qualification requirements of various career fields in international sports, culture, and event management.
Recognition of prior learning
Students have the opportunity to have courses credited to them with previously acquired competencies before the start of the respective semester. The crediting is done by an application directly to the director of studies.