level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
The graduates are able to:
- Apply the knowledge they have acquired during their studies in professional practice.
- Understand processes in the professional environment.
- Solve problems and implement solutions within the framework of professional projects (practical competence).
- Work out and further develop arguments, problem solutions and strategies independently (problem-solving competence).
In addition, they deepen, further develop and profitably implement the knowledge of communication with superiors, employees and colleagues (social competence).
superiors, members of staff and colleagues (social skills).
prerequisites and co-requisites
Courses of the previous semester successfully completed.
Supplementing the theoretical knowledge of the students with practical activities and questions of commercial law in practice. At least 500 working hours in an external company with full employment (12.5 weeks, i.e. about 3 months with an assumed working week of 40 hours per week).
The internship ensures that the students are able to find their way around when they start their professional life and gain confidence in the implementation of their acquired knowledge through the experience they have already gained. Processes, workflows and situations in the professional environment should be learned and understood.
Support of the students during their internship: Reflection, discussion of problems and reports about experiences
recommended or required reading
- Brenner, Doris: "Karrierestart nach dem Studium", Haufe Lexware; 2015
- Faber, Manfred et al.: "Berufseinstieg und Probezeit aktiv gestalten: Wie Sie nach dem Studium die Grundsteine für Ihre Karriere legen", Verlag Springer Gabler; 2014
- Rippler Stefan et al.:"Trainee-Knigge: Der Ratgeber für den erfolgreichen Karriere-Start"; Verlag Springer Gabler; 2013
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dipl.-Inf. Karsten Böhm
year of study
recommended optional program components
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery