Business Simulation Game (E)
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• can make decisions based on specific information.
• can analyze the effects of their decisions.
• apply theoretical knowledge for decision making.
• can work in a team and accept team decisions.
prerequisites and co-requisites
Course for the first five semesters
• Operational functions (production, marketing, logistics, supply chain management)
• Market analyzes and market developments
• Use of analysis tools (SWOT, benchmark, market shares, cost and contribution margin analyses, etc.)
• Development of strategies
• Controlling and key figures
recommended or required reading
• Hall, William: Shift: Using Business Simulations and Serious Games: a Straightfor-ward Guide for Corporate Training and Development. Createspace Independent Pub (latest edition)
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery