Omnichannel Customer Management
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• understand the importance of omnichannel marketing in order to win over customers with their constantly-changing requirements for the company in the long term.
• know the positive effects that using the right marketing channels has on brand and company success.
• can link digital and physical communication and distribution channels.
• know how to apply the concept of customer journeys and integrate them into omnichannel strategies.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• Theoretical and practical fundamentals of the omnichannel ecosystem
• Interaction between omnichannel and corporate strategy
• Customer behavior, customer analysis and customer journey
• Omnichannel strategies in connection with a company's marketing mix
recommended or required reading
• Böckenholt, Ingo; Mehn, Audrey; Westermann, Arne: Konzepte und Strategien für Omnichannel-Exzellenz – Innovatives Retail-Marketing mit mehrdimensionalen Vertriebs- und Kommunikationskanälen. Springer (in the current edition)
• von Gizycki, Vittoria (eds.): Omnichannel Branding – Digitalisierung als Basis erlebnis- und beziehungsorientierter Markenführung. Springer (in the current edition)
• Ramadan, Shady: OmniChannel Marketing – the Roadmap to Create and Implement Omnichannel Strategy For Your Business. Independent (in the current edition)
• 1-2 current articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery