Communication & presentation technology
level of course unit
1. Study cycle, Bachelor
Learning outcomes of course unit
• know the basic concepts of communicative processes and are able to consciously use content and relationship aspects of human communication.
• have practical knowledge for the preparation and implementation of professional presentations.
• can plan, structure and professionally present presentation topics to a specialist audience using a variety of media.
• can discursively defend the presented contents.
• are able to critically reflect and evaluate the presentation achievements of their fellow students.
prerequisites and co-requisites
• 5 axioms of communication, message and value square
• Theoretical introduction to presentation and argumentation techniques (analog and remote)
• Application of the discussed contents
• Feedback and reflection of one's own presentation achievements (individually and in the group) and the achievements of fellow students
recommended or required reading
• Brandl, Peter: Communication. Offenbach: Gabal (in the current edition)
• Dall, Martin: Sicher präsentieren – wirksamer vortragen. Redline (in the current edition)
• Herrmann, Markus; Hoppmann, Michael; Stölzgen, Karsten; Taramann, Jasmin: Schlüsselkompetenz Argumentation. Schöningh (in the current edition)
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery