Management & strategy II: Application
level of course unit
2. Study cycle, Master
Learning outcomes of course unit
• Can classify strategic issues from an entrepreneurial point of view.
• Are capable of developing and solving a current, entrepreneurial strategy case in a self-organized manner.
• Combine classical strategy theories and approaches with the case.
• Can develop and apply strategic methods and tools ("applied science").
• Develop the solution in an entrepreneurial way and always have the implementation in focus.
prerequisites and co-requisites
2nd semester: Successful completion of the course: Management & strategy I
• Overview of the most important strategy tools
• Basics for the development of methods and solutions for entrepreneurial strategy cases
• Impulses for solution development
• Methodical, procedural and content-related reflection
recommended or required reading
• Johnson, Gerry: Exploring Strategy. Pearson (in the current edition)
• Wunder, Thomas: Essentials of Strategic Management. Schäffer-Poeschel (in the current edition)
• 1-2 current articles from professional journals
assessment methods and criteria
Term paper, presentation
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Prof. (FH) Dr. Peter Dietrich
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery